Our Gate Quote Website accepts some guest post submissions from established journalists and writers for Home improvement, Gardening, Building & DIY related articles. If you would like to write for our website contact us on [email protected]
Write a UK Home Improvement Post
We always get asked if we accept guest posts submissions, and of course, we do as we love to read enthusiasts views and believe our readers do too.
The difference in submitting an article and creating a guest post is for the latter we will promote you as the author, giving you exposure to a bigger audience. If popular, you could become a regular contributor, and be compensated for submissions.
If you are interested in submitting a DIY-related guest post, please contact us at [email protected]
But before you contact us for either, it’s important you read our guest post submission rules.
- Length: A minimum of 800 words. Preferably more.
- Paragraphs: Divide your content into clear paragraphs to make it easier for users to read.
- Links: These can be included if relevant but we will not link out to any sites that breach google policy.
- Media: We recommend you include media such as images, videos, maps, tweets etc in your post. But these must be subject to copyright laws
Home Improvement Guest post content submissions we like
Our readers come here for DIY-related news, so they’re looking for articles that are interesting and different but full of useful, informative tips.
Guest posts we don’t like
We don’t like guest posts that are promotional that look and read like ads. By all means, talk about products that you love alongside the benefits to homeowners, but this is not advertising space. Also, please respect other writers work; make sure the content is unique and not just plagiarised from others. Articles must be in English and not only well written but also easy to read.
What we need
We will create a profile for you which needs a bio and social media links. A nice photo of yourself/your DIY project will help our readers get to know you.
All articles should be created by yourself. Of course, you can get inspiration from other sources, but please be mindful of copyright laws. Our readers want interesting and engaging content, not re-hashes of other peoples work.
Gate Quote is primarily a DIY / Home Building & Garden site, so that’s what our audience is most interesting in reading about.
All articles must be factual and not incite or defame. We may reject or edit articles if we suspect any of this.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have some good home improvement & DIY ideas; can I email them to you?
Yes, we are more than happy to discuss ideas.
What, if anything, can help my article get published?
Unique & interesting quality content.
I work for a company, can we write a guest post?
Yes, but the same rules apply as for individuals.
I have other content types, can I send them?
If it’s good quality, informative & unique content we are happy to review it.
Will you edit our post?
Only if required. Here are common reasons:
- Spelling: We might change the spelling in your post to English for consistency.
- Clarity: We may edit to increase clarity.
- Grammar: Again for consistency, we may make small grammatical changes.
- Links: We may link to similar articles of the same topic to give the reader a clearer understanding and put your post in context. We may link to third party websites where relevant.
- Images: We will include posts with a featured image if not provided.